The Best Steak Dinner At Home, Better Than Ruth Chris!
The most amazing Valentine’s day steakhouse dinner you can make at home.
Steak, Mac and Cheese and Asparagus oh my!
Juicy steak, creamy cheesy mac & cheese and garlic butter asparagus.
Ribeye (cut of choice)
Yellow Sharp Cheddar
White Sharp Cheddar
1. Bring a pot of water to boil over medium high heat, remember to use a little olive oil and salt to season your water and to prevent your pasta from sticking.
2. Once it begins to boil, add your pasta and cook until al dente (approximately 10-11 mins).
3. Chop two slices of bacon, or more if you LOVE bacon and fry, set aside until later.
4. Take 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 cup of panko over medium high heat, sautee slightly but don’t brown.
5. Crumble bacon over panko and mix.
6. Begin making your roux, take 4 tablespoon of butter and sautee until completely melted over medium high heat, add 1/4 cup of flour, whisk completely and turn burner down to medium heat.
7. Add in 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of heavy cream, one cup at a time and whisk like crazy. If your mixture appears to be too thick, add some extra milk to thin it out, 1 tablespoon at a time.
8. Take 1/2 cup of each cheese and mix together. Add in 2 cups of cheese mix and combine in sauce, continue to whisk to prevent burning. It should take about 5 mins for it to completely combine and give us that velveety smooth texture. Be sure to not overwork or overheat, your sauce will begin to separate.
9. Season with 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Season to taste so feel free to add more.
10. Drain pasta and place in baking dish, add some of your leftover cheese mix over pasta and pour in your cheese sauce and completely combine.
11. Place in oven on 400° for 15-20 mins until bubbly and golden brown.
12. Heat your cast iron skillet over high heat and add in 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
13. Generously season your steak with kosher salt and pepper.
14. Once your skillet begins to smoke, it’s time to sear.
15. Cook on each side for 3 mins (for thick cuts of steak, 1-2 mins for whimpy steaks lol)
16. Remove from skillet and allow to rest for 5 mins if you like your steak anything past medium.
17. If you like medium rare or medium, do not remove add in 4 tablespoons of butter, 6 cloves of garlic, 2 sprigs of rosemary and 3 sprigs of thyme and baste your steak for 30 seconds on each side. If you allowed your steak to rest, return to skillet and baste for 2 mins on each side for thick cut steaks, 1 mins for thin cut steaks.
18. Let steak rest.
19. Cut off ends of asparagus, toss in skillet with 1 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat, season with salt and pepper, add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook for 5 mins and remove from heat.
20. You’re all done, so plate and enjoy!
Purchase one of my cookbooks
Business Inquires or Collabs: email@example.com
Want to send me something???
Hint of Soul
3801 S. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85040
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on TikTok!
Shop my kitchen faves
Subscribe for amazing recipes and a good ol time with your favorite cousin who happens to be a chef ????
Like, Share, and Repost so we can grow together Soul Family.
Original Source Link